To use ONT‑TAXS online, your business or the business you represent, needs to:
- be registered with the Ministry of Finance
- have a ONe-key account (i.e. ID and password)
- be enrolled to use ONT‑TAXS online.
If your business has a tax account with the Ministry of Finance, you can use ONT‑TAXS online.
Your business can also give your employees or representatives (external accountants or bookkeepers) access to ONT‑TAXS online on behalf of your business.
To sign up:
- Identify who in your business will be your ONT‑TAXS online Administrator.
The Administrator can be a signing officer, director, partner or sole proprietor of your organization or you can appoint an individual to be your Administrator and be responsible for ONT‑TAXS
online on behalf of your business. The Administrator’s information must be authorized by a signing officer, director, partner, or sole proprietor of the business.
- Complete the online activation form.
You will need your Business Number to use the online form. If you do not have a Business Number, call the ministry at 1 866 ONT‑TAXS (1 866 668‑8297).
- Set up your ONe-key account and enrol for ONT‑TAXS online when you receive your two pieces of enrolment information in the mail.
Once enrolled for ONT‑TAXS online, the Administrator can provide access to their employees or representatives.
As a representative, you can
- manage your clients' accounts with the Ministry of Finance using ONT‑TAXS online, and
- provide your employees with the same access that your clients assigned to you.
To sign up as an ONT‑TAXS online representative:
- Call the ministry at 1 866 ONT‑TAXS (1 866 668‑8297).
- Set up your ONe-key account and access ONT‑TAXS online when you receive your two pieces of enrolment information in the mail.
- Then, provide your clients with your Web Access Code and ask your clients to go to ONT‑TAXS online and add you as their representative.
Step 1: ONe-key registration
ONe-key verifies your identity and allows you to securely do business with the Government of Ontario online.
Where can I log into or get a ONe-key account?
Step 2: ONT‑TAXS online enrolment
After creating a ONe-key ID and password, you can enrol for ONT‑TAXS online access through the ONe-key service. Here’s how to do it:
- Login to ONe-key
- In the Find Available Services menu, on the left side of the screen, enter ONT‑TAXS online
- When prompted, identify yourself by entering the Web Access Code and Personal Identification Number (PIN) you received in the mail.
- Continue with the identification process by entering your Business Number or Ministry of Finance Identification Number. Then, depending on your account, you will need to enter an Activation Code or the amount of a payment/refund.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use for ONT‑TAXS online and, if you accept the terms, select I Accept to continue.
Web Access Code and PIN
A Web Access Code and PIN are mailed to you separately after you complete the ONT‑TAXS online activation form. You will need this information to create your ONT‑TAXS online account through the ONe-key service.
If you need a Web Access Code and PIN or are having problems enrolling please call 1 866 ONT‑TAXS (1 866 668‑8297).
Step 3: Web profile
When you enrol for ONT‑TAXS online you will be prompted to complete a Web Profile. Enter your name, telephone number and e-mail address, along with a security question and answer.
You can update your Web Profile by selecting the My Profile tab in ONT‑TAXS online.